- Although the file has been published, the folder it is in may be unpublished.
- This is usually clear from Student View, as well as the name of the folder that may be unpublished.
- Go to “Files” in the left-hand menu.
- Select the course name tat the top to display all files and folders.
- Scroll to the name of the folder (the folders in Canvas have a folder icon under “Files”), and check that it has been published.
- Check whether you have media content (audio and video) stored in the course.
This takes a great deal of space, and should be stored and displayed using Mediasite, not directly in Canvas
- Also check whether you have uploaded PowerPoint presentations as .pptx files.
These should be stored as .pdf, which requires far less space.
- If you still need more storage space, contact the Canvas administrator by means of the “Help” button in the menu on the far left.
- Contact the teacher or administrator, who can go into SpeedGrader and delete submitted documents there.
- Example: Incorrect file handed in as a group assignment, new file submitted immediately afterwards, but the first (incorrect) remains among the files in the folder. Using SpeedGrader the teacher or administrator can select from a roll-down menu the different files uploaded at different times and delete as necessary.