How can we help you?
If you’re looking for high-quality audio or video recordings to assist you in your teaching, eDU Media Production can produce these for you.
We can produce many different kinds of audio and video recordings in our studios, such as:
- Video lectures using a variety of backgrounds, touch screens or green screens using one or more cameras. We can also extract PowerPoint images and use cutting and editing techniques to add simple graphics and illustrations
- Studio interviews with up to four persons
- Audio recordings with up to six persons for the production of podcasts or audio lectures.
Perhaps you’re organising a conference or course and want to record it or stream it live? We offer a streaming service for a variety of USN conference and event formats where video can be used at a later stage in the teaching process. Production is carried out using a camera and audio, and we can also add material from other sources such as video, PowerPoint and more.
There is no charge for using eDU’s audio and video production services for small productions designed for teaching purposes. Other projects will be invoiced.
But first read the following section to find out if you can make the recordings yourself.
How to record your teaching or stream it live
Perhaps you want to record your teaching or stream it live? The following is an easy list of different solutions that meet different needs when it comes to the recording or live streaming of audio and video content.
- Think about what you want to do and why. Whether online or on campus, you may want to make a recording of your teaching from a lecture theatre, standard classroom or hybrid classroom setting. Or you may want to stream your teaching session live (in real time). Or perhaps you would rather make a video showing images from a PowerPoint presentation or similar, to which you can add your comments in sound.
- • Also think about how you want your recording or streaming to be presented. There are many ways of doing this, depending on your budget and requirements. In some situations, you will be able to do a great deal yourself using your office PC. At other times you will need professional help.
In order to make it easy for you to find a solution that best meets your needs, take a look at the list of tools and resources below. These can be used in a number of different contexts. The list presents only a limited selection of all possible options.
Loan and purchase of audio and video recording equipment
eDU has audio and video production equipment that can be loaned out to USN employees who want to make their own recordings. Equipment must be booked well in advance. We also offer advice on what equipment is most suitable for your needs, and instruction in its use if you need it.
The following equipment is available for loan:
- Digital audio recorders
- Microphones that can be connected to a PC
- Camera packs, including a video camera, tripod and wireless microphone
We are currently working to set up a booking system for equipment on loan, which will also contain a list of the equipment that can be loaned out.
If you are thinking of purchasing equipment for audio or video production, such as microphones, audio recorders or cameras, do not hesitate to contact us for recommendations.
Dedicated audio and video production facilities
At USN we have a selection of dedicated facilities for audio and video production located on the various campuses. Take a look at the list below: