Check that you have published all specific content that the students are to see.
- Pages, files, modules and assignments must be actively published after being created, in order to be visible to the students.
- Maybe you want some of the content to be invisible to the students at the beginning of the semester? Make sure that this is not published.
- It is possible to control the time at which you wish the content to be published.
Are there elements in the Course Menu that shall not be used?
- Click on “Settings”, select the “Navigation” tab and drag anything that is not to be visible below the line.
- Zoom must be actively dragged up if you carry out online teaching.
- Remember to click on “Save”!
Have you chosen the start page you want to use?
- Select “Home” and then “Select home page” in the menu on the right.
Check that you have specified the times for both “Due” and “Available until”. These shall preferably be the same date.
- Do you have a group assignment?
If students are to join groups themselves, you must specify a date from which enrolment is no longer possible BEFORE it is possible to submit the assignment (the “available from” date).
Does the course have the correct teachers, in addition to yourself?
- If not, contact the Student Adviser for your course.
- Not sure who the Student Adviser is?
Find the web page for the study programme the course belongs to and scroll down to “Do you have questions?”
Do all the links in the course function?
Canvas has its own system for checking links:
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Validate Links in Content” from the menu on the right.
- Click on “Start link validation” to obtain a summary of any broken links in the course, i.e. links that do not lead anywhere and must be corrected.
- When you edit a page or assignment, click on the “Accessibility Tester” icon at the bottom right. It resembles da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man.
- You will then see a check of the content.
- NB: The Accessibility Tester in Canvas only checks content that is written directly into Canvas, not external files that are uploaded.
- Click on “Home”
- Click on the “Publish” button under “Course Status” at the top right.
When the course has been published:
- Select “Home”, followed by “Student View” at the top right
- Check that all content that students shall be able to see is visible.
- If it is not visible, you have probably not published the content in question
- Also check that any content that should not be visible is actually hidden